Saturday, March 5, 2016

Morning Pages 3.3.16

Ideally, I am not too picky when it comes to who reads what I write. In fact, I'm working on trying not to mind as much, and just open my ideas & words up to anyone who wants to read them. But in a perfect world, I would consistently choose my sister and my boyfriend as the first two people to read something I create. I choose them because my sister has a mind very similar to mine, and she always understands what I am trying to say. She appreciates my ideas, and enjoys reading things I write. I also like having my boyfriend read my words, because he comes from a different perspective. He is (obviously) a boy, and his brain is more inclined to science and math rather than language and literature. When he reads what I create, he responds with a new perspective that I would have never thought of on my own, which helps me to grow and open my own mind up wider the next time I write, and so on. I enjoy being the reader for others, because I just love hearing everyone's unique ideas. I think it is amazing that we humans have 26 letters in our alphabet, and depending on how we arrange them we can create such different and personal works of art. I even enjoy simply editing papers for grammatical and formatting errors, simply because I enjoy organization and am somewhat of a perfectionist. Many of my friends frequently ask me to edit their papers and read them over before they turn them in, and I don't mind helping out with that at all. By having two different perspectives on my own work, it helps me to expand and work on my own ideas.    

No comments:

Post a Comment